Whether your home is a cabin in the woods or you’re designing a room with rustic theme, an interior barn door creates a rustic style that can complete the look. It is not necessary that the door is too large to accommodate the entry of a horse, but you can build interior barn door hardware that has an authentic look of approximately 1.20 m wide.
12 Photos Gallery of: DIY: Interior Barn Door Hardware
- Eight wooden plates placed one beside the other on a flat surface. Board either wooden board so that there is no gap between them.
- Locate a piece of wood 1.20 m horizontally along one edge of the plates. Another piece of wood placed 1.20 m horizontally along the other edge of the plates.
- Six wood screws screwed through the horizontal plates in the upper and lower edges and in the central part of the horizontal piece, along eight wooden plates.
- Turn the interior barn door hardware and insert wood putty into the holes you made with screws.
- Lima both sides of the new gate with medium sandpaper grain 80.
- Apply a protective primer for oil-based wood on one side of the door. Flips the wooden board and the primer layer applied on the other side of the interior barn door hardware.
- Painting the door painting water-based latex.